Saturday 8 November 2014

Thrifted holiday attire...

My holiday wardrobe from my recent trip to beautiful Cape Verde was made up of some of my best charity shop and thrifty items... Here a short summary - 

Outfit 1:The french / dog shower tee (probably one of the best t-shirts to ever exist) - this is a hand-me-down from my mum and is a firm essential for beach living. Flattering, comfortable and... memorable - especially with children - (owing to the hilarious concealed dog in the shower). For me it means nostalgia - I remember my mum wearing this when I was a child, and since reading 'The Adventures of Sally' by PG Wodehouse, the character pictured will be lovely Sally - (I'm thinking the scene when she is on the beach in the south of France with the crowd of dogs, ha)!

These cool denim shorts were once a pair of Gap jeans (bought from a chazza shop whilst at university) - now they are a super awesome pair of high waisted denim shorts. I cut them myself - the lengths are wonky which adds to their charm. 

 


Outfit 2:Cos shorts - these were a triumphal charity shop purchase. I saw them when window shopping in Cos last summer and I almost couldn't believe it when I had found them in a charity shop a few months ago - £3 - and my size! Thank you Walworth Rd. Great print which I will never tire of - Modern day William Morris on a summer trip to Stockholm? Yeah. 

Grey t-shirt is also a good one - 'chinti and Parker' is the brand - and it's very soft organic cotton, flattering cut - and it cost about £2 from Walworth Rd a while back. Another excellent staple. 

And the hat - I came across this in Topshop whilst doing some high street shopping with my Mum. I tried it on and loved it - but alas, too much money. My mum is so sweet and returned to Topshop a few weeks later with the sole purpose of buying this for me - and as luck would have it...  70% off sale!! £5 awesome straw hat which will see me through a lifetime of gardening and beach holidays if I take care of it (which I will, I LAVE IT).

Birkenstocks - TKMax sale - £16 mid September - 
Chic? Yes. 
Classic? Yes.
Always in style? Yes.
Goes with anything? Yes.

 

Sundown attire - number 1:

Jaeger skirt - a firm favourite of mine, so chic and made of silk - I wear this at home a lot, but the navy and white pattern just says 'sun'. When I wear this and it makes me think of Henri Matisse cut outs, and his studio of chic helpers.

 

Sundown attire 2:

This lovely green dress has been a staple for years - lovely colour, print and shape. I struck gold with this dress in one of my favourite charity shops in Luton a few years ago. Apart from the obvious colour difference, this outfit really isn't a million miles away from this one in Blue Hawaii - the ultimate in beach holiday fashion inspiration.





Straw bag - Another chic holiday item I have my Mum to thank for - it cost 99p from the Jansel House charity shop, it's just the right shape and size for the few things I need for evenings out on holiday, and it has a pretty lining which says aloha to me whenever I look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment