Tuesday 11 November 2014

Second-hand Elizabeth and James?

Here is an outfit of two amazing charity shop finds to make a chic, androgynous look -

1. Elizabeth and James shirt. I couldn't believe my luck when I found this in Luton for £2.50. I picked it up because of the stripes, and had a closer inspection... Elizabeth and James... in Luton... Really? Yes, the details reveal all, very soft quality cotton, and subtle pleats at the back marked with small 'X' stitches - the shape and fit are beautiful and it hangs divinely. Elizabeth and James is the Olsen twins label (more relaxed than their famous, 'The Row'), it's known for exquisite textiles, pretty details which give this masculine shirt and feminine edge. I love this shirt - what luck!

2. Reiss tuxedo trousers. I found these on the Walworth Rd for £3 or so, lucky me - the fit is excellent and they're one of those 'no brainer' things for when I don't know what to wear. They're chic and effortless.

And who do I feel like when I wear this ensemble? Lauren Bacall in one of my favourite films, How to Marry a Millionaire. What could be better than that?



No comments:

Post a Comment