Friday 25 October 2013

A word on boots and undies...

I love charity shops and second hand shops so much, but the two things you can't really get in them is shoes and undies. Thanks to my regular low-spend on clothes I can usually afford to spend a little more on quality shoes and underwear which is very important and well worth it!

Undies
A hungover trip to Bravissimo whilst I was at University taught me the lifelong lesson - get a good bra, and make sure it fits perfectly because this makes you stand taller and actually look slimmer. Since then, Freya has been my brand of choice. Equally, good knickers are important for morale and I like the ethics behind Mary Portas's 'Kinky Knickers' (which can often be found at cut prices on ASOS).

Shoes and Boots
Shoes - I like French Sole ballet pumps, they're pricey but Diana used to wear them and they're made of real leather which means they don't make your feet smell like those cheap ballet flats you can get 10-a-penny.

Doctor Martens - the classic boot - practical and awesome. I get mine from the joyful factory shop in Northamptonshire where you can get samples and discontinued lines which won't break the bank.

This gal knows what I'm sayin:

HA:

Here are my one of a kind paint splattered DMs which cost something like £25 - amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment